RepositoryLondon Borough of Bromley Archives
LevelFonds
Ref NoP/19H
TitleBeckenham, Elmers End, St. James
Date1888-1979
DescriptionParish records including registers from St James, St George and the mission church of All Saints at Clock House.
Administrative HistoryThe church of St James was consecrated on 13th December 1879. A later enlargement to the church was consecrated on 19th January 1889. A futher addition of a sanctuary was made in 1936.

The first priest was Father Alfred Barber.

Upon the creation of the parish of St James, the All Saints mission church at Clock House was incorporated.

The church was damaged as a result of bombing during the Second World War and war repairs, including a new east window were made in 1951.
Extent26 Volumes & 1 Box
Access StatusOpen
Created byChurch of England, Saint James Parish, Elmers End, Kent
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020