RepositoryLondon Borough of Bromley Archives
LevelSubFonds
Ref NoC/OUDC
TitleRecords of the Orpington Urban District Council
Date1934- 1965
Administrative HistoryOrpington Urban District was formed under the Kent County Review Order, 1934 and came into existence on 1st April 1934. It was formed from parts of the abolished districts of Bromley Rural District and Chislehurst Urban District including Petts Wood.

Orpington Urban District consisted of the parishes of Chelsfield, Cudham and Knockhalt and parts of Farnborough, Keston, Orpington, St Mary Cray, St Paul's Cray and West Wickham.

In 1965, the Urban District was abolished by the Local Government Act, 1963. Its former area became part of the present day London Borough of Bromley.
Access StatusOpen
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019